Barclays is taking part in Disabled Access Day 2019!
Barclays are the official headline partner of Disabled Access Day!
From providing accessible services for customers, to assisting other businesses to become more inclusive, Barclays are truly committed to making a more accessible and inclusive society.
What are we up to?
We know there are much more fun things to be doing on Disabled Access Day than your banking, that’s why we want to encourage you to come and talk to us any day about how we might be able to make money management more easy or accessible.
For example, did you know…
- Our mobile banking apps are independently accredited by Abilitynet, so they work with the in-built accessibility settings on your smartphone
- Our range of contactless wearables could make paying for your tube ride or your morning coffee much easier if you are a wheelchair user, have sight loss or find entering a PIN number difficult
- If you are Deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment and need to contact us – you can use the Live Chat service in our app to instant message with our team 24/7
- We just launched some brand new online content to help support people who are living with illness or disability
- You can choose from a range of twelve high visibility designs for your debit card which might make it easier to use if you have a visual impairment or condition such as Dyslexia – they even come with a notch in one end to help you orientate your card
If you are passing by one of the locations below on #AccessDay, why not come and say hello to our team and view some of the accessible service first-hand. Some of our branches will be joined by local disability organisations and there might be some giveaways and chocolates if you’re quick!
Type the branch listed below into the Branch Finder here for directions and opening hours.
Whilst you’re there, see if you spot the campaign which will be running on all our ATM screens and in-branch screens.
If you remember your earphones, you could also try out our famous Talking ATMs – just plug in and listen the demo!
- Birmingham, High St
- Cambridge, St. Andrews
- Cardiff, St Davids
- Churchill Place, London (Friday)
- Croydon, North End
- Chelmsford, High St
- Eastbourne, Terminus Rd
- Edinburgh, Princes Street (Friday and Saturday) – Will be joined by RNIB Scotland
- Glasgow, Argyle St – Will be joined by RNIB Scotland
- Hanley, Town Rd
- Ipswich, Princes St
- Kettering, Market Place
- Leeds, Albion Street – Friends from Café Leep will be joining in the fun
- Leicester, Haymarket
- Liverpool, Lord St
- Manchester, Market St
- Middlesbrough, The Mall
- Piccadilly, London
- Plymouth, Armada Way
- Reading, Broad St
- Southampton, Above Bar St
- Stratford, The Mall (Friday)
- Swindon, Regent St
- Warrington, Golden Sq.
- Wembley, High Rd
- York, Parliament St
- Yorkshire, Richmond (Friday)
- Yorkshire, Northallerton (Saturday)
But that’s not all, our Eagle Labs are getting in on the #AccessDay action!
Why not join one of our sessions: ‘Making your business Accessible in the digital age’
A workshop for start-ups and scale-ups to learn from Barclays; a company with the ambition to ensure no one is left behind in an increasingly digital landscape. The session will be an opportunity to find out more about what accessibility is, who benefits from it and what the main business drivers are. You will be given an introduction to some of the key considerations on how to create inclusive digital products / services, ensuring your business can reach the broadest demographic of clients, whilst also differentiating itself in a competitive market place.
If you are interested in attending one of our sessions please contact your nearest site from the list below for further details.
Salford Eagle Lab
Media City UK
Enquiries - email@example.com
Liverpool Eagle Lab
Enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
Hull Eagle Lab
31-38 Queen Street
Enquiries - email@example.com
Bournemouth Eagle Lab
Country Gates House
300 Poole Road
Enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheffield Eagle Lab
Level 5 Barkers Pool House
Enquiries - email@example.com
Ian Workman, Co-Head SME UK, Barclays, said:
“Our partners at Euan’s Guide share a similar ambition with Barclays – let’s make society and communities more inclusive and accessible. That’s why we’re delighted to again be an official partner to Disabled Access Day. But we want to do more than ever before. Across over 1,500 Business and Relationship Managers, our Business Banking team have set the challenge to work with their clients across the UK to help them make adjustments that ensures their business becomes more accessible to their disabled customers. Small changes can make a huge difference.”