Last-minute #AccessDay ideas!
There’s only a few weeks to go until Disabled Access Day, but it’s not too late to sign up! Hundreds of venues from all over the UK, and abroad, have been eager to take part in #AccessDay on the 10th to the 12th of March 2017, and have come up with some excellent event ideas that are inclusive to all.
Zoos, universities, art galleries, museums, botanical gardens and theatres and more are all taking part, and there’s still room for you, too!
Here are just a few examples of last minute #AccessDay ideas for you and your venue:
- An accessible exhibition for all, with touch tours for visually impaired visitors.
- An assisted theatre performance with BSL interpretation or captioning
- A relaxed cinema screening.
- A coffee morning with talks from local disability charities on the importance of access and inclusion.
- Discounted overnight stays for disabled people on Disabled Access Day and the opportunity to showcase your accessible hotel or guesthouse.
- Guided tours, walks and accessible routes, in a beautiful local location.
- More regular accessible services and extra staff on hand to help at transport hubs and stations.
- A ‘try it out’ session for disabled people, their families and friends if you sell an experience or product.
- Most importantly, an open door, a smile and a cup of something warm, with the opportunity for everyone to get together and celebrate all things inclusion!
We are so excited to see the impact of this year’s #AccessDay and hope you’ll join us for the ride!