Take Part - Museums
The aim of the Disabled Access Day is to highlight attractions that have great disabled access and to encourage disabled people to try new places. This presents a great opportunity for museums to advertise the accessible facilities which they have.
We’re very much open to ideas of how museums can get involved but here are a few ideas to get started:
- offer free or discounted entrance for disabled people on the day
- invite local support groups for disabled people to visit your museum on this day
- offer tours of the museum highlighting the accessible features/facilities
- host a talk on the history of the museum
- put a notice in the museum's newsletter advertising Disabled Access Day
- provide tea and coffee for people taking part in Disabled Access Day
- offer a behind the scenes tour
The event is also a great opportunity to collect feedback on the facilities museums offer and gather suggestions on how to improve disabled access.
If you would like to get involved or to find out more information, please contact us.